My Top 10 Favorite Oscar Dresses…

So I’m not really an awards show person. I find them boring and too long and I generally don’t care. What I DO care about are the red carpets before the awards. And the red carpet of all red carpets? Well the Oscars of course! So here’s a little list of some of my favorite Oscar red carpet moments…

Oscars.001Oscars.002
Last year’s red carpet was pretty awesome. I remember Lupita Nyong’o walking down in that BEAUTIFUL blue Prada dress and my jaw just dropped! That color! The way it moved… the headband! It was perfection. Her whole red carpet season was flawless in my opinion but this dress makes my top 10 for sure. Cinderella come to life.
Kate Hudson in Versase was another perfect look for me. Her hair, makeup and that body… YES. I especially love the bold shoulder and the little cape action. I’m a sucker for a back moment.

Oscars.003In 2011 came two more of my favorites, both in beautiful pastel hues and both stunning for different reasons.
Cate Blanchett in Givenchy? Yes please. This dress got a lot of mixed opinions but I love everything about it. The pop of neon against the most perfect pinkish lilac and the intricacy of the beading detail make me swoon. That edgy sculpted shoulder juxtiposed against the pleated flowy fabric is that touch of badass that takes this dress to the next level.
Now Mila Kunis in Elie Saab is another story. Girly flirty sexy feminine perfection. Showing skin in such a sexy yet sophisticated way… I just love this dress. Romantic is an understatement.
Oscars.004

In 2010 I LOVED another dress that got mixed reviews- Zoe Saldana in Givenchy. The ruffled purple ombre was UH-Mazing and that glittery top sent me to girly heaven! I loved it and was really surprised that lots of people hated it. Like, whaaaaa??
Ah, and Sandra Bullock in that perfect Marchesa number. She looked like a beautiful glittery Oscar. She looked like a goddess. And this was the year she won the Oscar for best actress and made a beautiful speech (ok sometimes I watch the speeches- I’m a sucker for a good cry) and then her disgusting cheater husband smiled at her lovingly while she thanked him. YUCK. …but I digress. She was stunning and I loved her in that moment.

Post a Comment